Notes for 20th Giveth Governance Meeting Feb 01st, 2018
Link to video stream: https://youtu.be/dNs3SgxZSTM
- Griff - couplse own proposal, not distracted
- Yalor - not distracted
- Satya - not distracted, heater broken, cold
- Vojtech - warm and undistracted
- Jen - cold, not distracted
- RJ - not distracted, trying to hear
- kay - distracted by writing notes
- Arthur - bad audio
- Alex- same unicorn tshirt distraction
Logistics: Facilitator Griff, Secretary Arthur
Toggle off: Nobody
Reporting Team-Up -Google 4 calendar Reward DAO Communication budget Objections as proposals Loomio 4 governance
Tension: Good milestone reporting important.
Proposal: Add relevant links, Link to the video (upload or timestamp in governance meeting) - video becomes mandatory.
Clarifying questions: Q: Can video requirements be included in this proposal A: Yes
Q: What is this for? A: everything but expense
- Griff - Love it!
- Satya - Make template and upload to Github issues. Establish a standard. Video should not be required.
- RJ - Seconds. Video should not be required. Hates video.
- Vojtech - hard, foresees situations where video is not the best medium. We should create a template.
- Kay - Should not require a video, but it should be encouraged. We should do videos as often as we can. Pro template.
- Yalor - Agrees with Kay. Videos are kewl!
- Oz - Sounds like adding videos to milestones. Obviously in favor. Video fan.
- Edu - Loves the idea! Something should not be mandatory though. Videos can waste time.
- Alex - After further review video proof should not be essential. Proof of work is needed and should be selected by case.
- Jen - In favor of videos. Great proof of work. Understand that writing code doesn't serve to a video.
Amend and clarify: Obligatory to link to proof of work DONE (develop template). For reward DAO video is obligatory, for others it's recommended.
Tension: Currently using teamup, this was not passed. This is not user friendly or well integrated. Doesn't do time zones well.
Proposal: Use google calendar instead of teamup.
- Q; Why switch back we just switched
- A: Google is neatReactions:
- Vojtech: Supports this, new version of google is good.
- Kay: Laying low on this one. ReadyCal is open source < 3
- Arthur: Pro
- Yalor: Yay
- Oz: Yay
- Alex: yay. Timezones are hard.
- Griff: Only switch to an open source tool if we switch.
- RJ: We should stop pussy footing around and PICK open source or google. JEEZ GUYS
- Edu: Sounds good
- Jen: Does not care AT ALL.
- Satya: Google is probably evil but they shur do software some gud.
Amend and clarify:
Go for Google calendar and explore open source down the line. Fragmentation is ;__; that's a separate proposal.
Tension: RewardDao is available for only some regular reward people. They should not get this on top of their work. This is imbalanced.
Proposal: Regular reward people should not get #POINTS. Bias is a scary monster that lives in all of us.
Clarifying questions: none
- Alex: Agrees
- Oz: silence Interesting point. Unicorn feature sounds good. Lets keep experimenting. Lets get weird.
- Vojtech: Agrees
- Satya: Sad about not getting more points. Doesn't like points. Internal struggle. What is work. Everything is work. Passed.
- RJ: Agrees
- Yalor: Agrees
- Edu: Agrees
- Jen: Agrees
- Quazia: Agrees
- Griff: Disagree strongly. Should give points to everybody all the time. Wants Unicorn points to reward cross-circle contributions.
- Kay: Agrees. Peoples regular rewards should periodically be adjusted based on involvement. This system should not eat away at new contributors $$$.
Amend and clarify: Regular reward people will not get points but they will get unicorn points. Maybe some day they will matter. Right now they DO NOT. This is not retroactive.
Tension: Need more money in budget for Yalor and Cleo. Proposal: Kay moves to Governance
- Griff: this sounds good. Lets not discuss budget.
- Oz: Circles working together is cool
- Jen: Good jazz yaya
- Vojtech: Is this governance?
- RJ: No opinion, circle decision.
- Satya: Nothing
- Edu: Passes
- Alex: agrees
- Kay: Makes sense, this is an announcement.
- Yalor: Sounds good
- Quazia: No objections
Amend and clarify: This belongs in the meeting. Kay is on Governance. Everything milestone from here on is in Governance.
Tension: Decision in the DApp circle was made that effected other circles. Proposal: Read a wikipedia article on our governance. Actual proposal is to implement an objection instead of a tension. Be careful, we're playing with fire m8s.
- Q: How is this not covered in Loomio?
A: It might be.
Q: Is this part of reinventing organization?
- A: yes, it's a modification
Reactions: Kay: Governance should be greased in general. This should be organic. ABSTAIN Jen: Sounds like a great idea Oz: Doesn't like the idea. This could be dangerous. Eat your own dog food this looks undercooked. Yalor: Sounds good from my understanding but I did not understand this. Edu: Makes sense - good for me. Alex: Don't agree. Loomio covers all of this lets do it offline. Quazia: Maybe not the time for this right now, try other options first. Kris: Believes in communication. Discussing can waste time though. We should make this Social Codings problem HAAAAAAAAA. RJ: Something needs to exist for handling this situation. Maybe multiple mechanisms. Vojtech: Feels opinionated. Agrees there needs to be a process but don't abuse it. What is autonomy within circles. How do we know what impacts who? Satya: Circles should be able to decide for themselves but unclear who can do what.
Amend and clarify:
- If you object in the future try this. Everybody read the gosh darn wiki article. Result: Tabled
Tension: Decisionmaking is too much focused on real-time communication. This wastes time and energy. Proposal: start experimenting with loomio
Clarifying questions: When should the loomio be evaluated? - no strong feelings
- Kris - Likes idea to cut slack off meetings
- Oz - worried about wishful thinking. there should be a deadline day.
- RJ - having a place to discuss outside of meeting. supports idea.
- Satya - sounds good. loves tool focus.
- Yalor - I know nothing of loomio but like to open up and loosening meetings
- Jen - Don't know the tool. Supports deadline day.
- Alex - Personally thinks best option to cut down on meeting time.
- Griff - Great idea. Deadline 12 hours before the meeting?
- Edu - Any tool that makes us more efficient is great to try
- Vojtech - Great idea. Can lead to even more work being spent on meetings
- Kay - totally agree
Amend and clarify: Will look at hosting options.
- Encourage links to videos
- Google cal is replacing teamup
- Reg Reward can only get Unicorn points for now
- @geleeroyale moves to governance circle.
- Will start integrating Loomio
End of meeting: 7.45 pm