We Are Hiring!
Full Time Position: Project Manager & Cat Herder
Starting: October 1 or sooner
Submit Resume & Cover Letter to: Julietsdesk@gmail.com
Hi! My name is Dani, and I’m inviting you to apply for a very important role with Giveth, because we require major support in this area to accomplish our goals!
The world is in the midst of a grand transition as more and more humans are recognizing that we must change how we interact with the resources of our planet - what we call “Public Goods”. We need to shift from systems that extract, pollute and waste to regenerative, healthy and resilient ones.
This is a collective effort, not any one of us is going to have the needed impact, not even a bunch of us, it’s going to take MOST of us, working together, to change the systems. And I believe most of us ARE working to change the systems through a myriad of non-profit, for-impact organizations. But it too often comes down to having good sources of funding.
And this is where Giveth can help.
Giveth is designed to be an interface between the prosocial value-driven collective-focused magic-makers, and the revolutionary funding streams that the crypto space (especially the Ethereum community) has opened up. These funding mechanisms give donors the confidence needed to collaborate with non-profits in achieving shared goals, including becoming self-sustainable… and gives organizations that are caring for Public Goods the ability to cooperate with each other instead of competing for traditional funding.
Cryptoeconomic systems are creating value based economies that can enable non-profits around the world to support themselves without personal sacrifice.
And that is revolutionary!
Giveth hopes to be the place where every organization that wants to support Public Goods is able to COOPERATE and COORDINATE in doing so. This focus on cooperation between our allies is the only attitude that is required to join this organization. Otherwise we prefer to have a diversity of opinion and temperament styles. :-D
If you want to glimpse a piece of this vision… Our Founder Griff Green’s talk at ETHCC in 2019 is probably the best overview of it.
This job offer is focused on the ongoing development of Giveth, the donor-first donation platform.
We need support to accomplish our mission - we need PROJECT MANAGEMENT!
Tasks that need your help
(75%) Lead the planning and implementation of the Giveth 1 and Giveth 2 DApps
Work with product & dev team to create and execute agile project plans
- Participate and take notes during community & development calls (currently ~2 hours/week)
- During calls, ensure to-do’s are encapsulated in GitHub issues, prioritized, and assigned
- Prioritize issues in the to-do column of the Development and Operations kanban boards
- Review completed issues, mark them as ‘Done’ once all acceptance criteria have been met
- Manage the scope of projects firmly yet flexibly when appropriate
- Build iterative schedules for our goals and tasks
- Surface risks, issues, and opportunities for team assessment
- Cultivate relationships of trust with our team, allies and collaborators
(15%) Cat herd the team and deliverables with proactive communication
- Organize and facilitate weekly project meetings
- Track issues, requests and changes in GitHub
- Monitor and engage in communication channels
- Crack the whip with team members, check in on progress
- Distribute updates, meeting minutes and call recordings
(10%) Supporting the development of Giveth 1 & 2 DApps
- Use the Giveth DApps!
- Test the new features before the features go live.
- Collect feedback from team and help make the app more user friendly
- Be passionate, learn and share about Giveth, our projects and our allies too
While we are open to a variety of backgrounds to accomplish these goals, we are calling for dedicated project management professionals. Experience in Blockchain is not necessary, however a desire to gain that experience is required! Ideally you are someone who is organized, extroverted and assertive, fluent in English, with a track record of successfully managing and executing projects remotely.
We are dedicated to building systems that appreciate value creation in the care work and stewardship of Public Goods which is currently under appreciated. Giveth is the critical interface that allows the legacy world to connect to the blockchain revolution that can value this important work and make it regenerative.
Do you want to join our international team of changemakers and help us get there? Please send your resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter telling us why you are a good fit to Julietsdesk@gmail.com with the subject header “Giveth Project Manager” by September 23rd. We plan to have a decision by September 30th and will start scheduling interviews right away, so do not delay!
This is a full-time position starting at $3000/mo (paid in cryptocurrency) for the first 2 months.