Giveth DAC is organised into four different circles to better manage the requirements of the many different engagements of the Giveth DAC. Each circle is appointed a lead person as final decision-maker.
Those four circles and their leads are:
- Governance - lead by @griffgreen
- Communication - lead by @krrisis
- Product Development - lead by @vojtech
- Social Coding - led by @quazia
For more details, please see our governance model
The Giveth team is ever growing and very dynamic. It may be difficult to lose track so this table should help keeping track. The members in bold are working full time.
|Adria||@adria||Smart Contracts, Security|
|Arthur||@quazia||Smart Contracts Dev and more!|
|Barry||@barrythewhitehat||Smart Contracts, Security|
|Grace||@grace||Startup Consultant, DACs & Campaigns on-boarding|
|Jason||@jsteele||Smart Contracts, Fullstack Developer|
|Kay||@gelee_royale||Audio & Video, Website, Wiki|
|Kris||@krrisis||Public Relations, Social Media|
|Z||@zdenekkuncar||Interaction Designer, UX|
Please note that this information may be outdated and the reference is this Google Spreadsheet.
|Backend Development||Provide data caching, manipulation and blockchain integration for ui||Perrisology|
|Brand Identity||Create and maintain Giveth identity||Grace|
|Community Lead||Getting the Community actively involved whenever possible.||Griff|
|Culture||Align and protect the values and ideals that identifies the Giveth community. Ensure purpose drives community actions.||Grace|
|DAC Identification and onboarding||Identify, engage and develop potential DACs to be part of the gIveth mvp||Grace|
|Dev Ops Lead||allow users to access our dapps||Perrisology|
|Devteam Reporter||Facilitate, document, and report devteam activities and decisions between dev leads and stakeholders.||Oz|
|Documentation||Oversight and quality control for documentation on the Wiki, tutorials, video creation||Kay|
|External Communications: Public Outreach, Social media||Presenting Giveth and reaching out to the world on different social media platforms and blogs||Kris|
|Finance||To make sure we have enough money to build this thing and that everyone is reimbursed||Vojtech|
|Frontend development||Make blockchain interaction possible in the browser in the most user friendly way||Satya|
|Internal Comms Lead||To make sure the relevant people obtain the pertinent information||Griff|
|Legal Lead||To oversee the creation of the legal structure for the our DAC as needed||Griff|
|Product Definition||What we are building, what is the end goal?||Vojtech|
|Quality||To make sure our product and its different parts are up to the very high standard.||Vojtech|
|Recruiting Lead||Recruiting talented contributers.||Oz|
|Roadmap||Identify and develop a plan that includes all the milestones required to launch, further develop and maintain the Giveth platform||Grace|
|Smart Contract Development||Develop, test, document and wrap to be used the smart contracts in the platform.||Jordi|
|Strategy Lead||To define the best course of action for the Giveth Platform in general||Griff|
|Team Organization||Setting up a system to organize the team, using Holocracy and setting up of burocratic processes like the reward Dao and the SMART milestones. This happens in ongoing exchange with Griff.||Jen|
|Team Structure Lead||To ensure order to our DAC core team and community so that everyone knows who is responsible for what||Griff|
|UX||Find out how we can best accomodate users' needs and translate that into the dapp||Z|
|Website||Create, maintain, administrate Web-ressources for Giveth||Kay|
|White Paper Lead||Write technical white paper we can be proud of. Socialize drafts and gather ideas from other circle leads.||Oz|
The Giveth community meets regularly online for video conferences:
Giveth Governance Meetings
- When: Every Friday at 18:00 Barcelona Time (UTC+1)
- Where: https://meet.jit.si/daily-giveth
- Minutes: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-CIs3wLk5T4TE1UbVVkUmp3SzA?usp=sharing
- Historical Meetings: Governance meetings playlist on Youtube
- Description: The aim is to discuss tensions and find solutions within Giveth.
This meeting is structured following the example of holocracy governance meetings:
- A meeting Facilitator and a Secretary are determined before the meeting begins, the facilitator moderates the discussion and the Secretary takes notes.
- Everyone checks-in by voicing their goals for the meeting and revealing momentary personal distractions.
- A meeting agenda is created. Agenda items are always proposals for new Policies or Roles described by 3 words or less.
- The meeting facilitator goes over the agenda and for every item:
- The Proposer describes the tension and in one sentence makes a proposal. The proposal should in general be creation of a circle, role or policy.
- All the meetings participants may ask clarifying questions about the tension or proposal.
- The topic proposer repeats the proposal if there were any questions.
- All meeting participants in turn express their reactions.
- After the reaction round, the topic proposer can amend their proposal.
- Any meeting participant can object to the proposal.
- The topic proposer can amend their proposal and if there are no more objections the topic passes.
- The Secretary summarizes the meeting.
- Everyone in turn checks-out by expressing their opinion on the meeting.
- When: At different times each week
- Where: Best to get the current info from the respective chat channel
- Historical Meetings: Giveth Transparency Channel on YouTube
- Description: Every circle holds one meeting per week
Weekly fireside chat (not mandatory):
When: Once a week tba. Where: https://meet.jit.si/giveth-chat
To import the calendar to your favourite calendar app use the link below:
Quarterly, most of team meets in person at a dedicated team meeting or a very big conference. The list below shows our past/future events.
- 2018/03 Barcelona
- 2017/11 Cancun
- Devcon3 starts is between 1-4 of November and takes place at Boulevard Kukulcán KM. 9 1er Piso, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- 2017/09 Barcelona
- 2017/07 Barcelona
- 2017/05 Berlin
- 2017/01 London