Giveth Mission Statement
Giveth is creating the Giveth Donation Application but is doing so much more.
For all of this we are aligning ourselves through our shared values (a work in progress) and our mission statement, that explains in a little more detail what we do.
Giveth is a Decentralized Altruistic Community (DAC) focused on using blockchain technology for good, to make the world a better place.
Giveth promotes Altruism
- Giveth is building a DApp, a completely free, open-source platform for DACs, a disrupting force that can decentralize and facilitate altruism.
- Giveth supports many other decentralized Social Coding initiatives that are adding value to the world but may not have a direct profit motive.
Giveth pushes Decentralization
- Giveth is the primordial DAC of the DApp and models this through internally and externally stimulating decentralized Governance initiatives and experiments for future DACs.
- Giveth experiments with decentralized Communication initiatives for future DACs
Giveth believes in the power of Community
- Giveth believes there can be no true change without Community. That is why the Giveth DApp strives to enable trust within communities by increasing transparency and accountability through blockchain technology. Giving should be all about connecting the Givers with the Makers, the people who are making the change, and creating true and lasting connections between both.
- Giveth is more than the sum of its parts: while decentralized, our shared values create the energy and inspiration needed to make the world a better place. We call ourselves the Giveth Unicorns. We call the entirety of the 4 Giveth circles (Dapp Development, Social Coding, Governance, Communication) the Giveth DAC.
Discover more about these four circles and their specific goals in the Giveth Goals document (Goals per Circle) and on the DApp where these are represented as Campaigns under the Giveth DAC, and by joining the discussion directly in the respective rooms/channels on Riot or Slack.