Notes for 21st Giveth Governance Meeting Feb 01st, 2018
Attending: * Kris: A bit distracted by what time it is LOL TIMEZONES * Kay: Distracted by "thing here" will help with notes * Alex: Not distracted here to participate * Oz: Has to leave in hald an hour * Satya: Not distracted no intentions. * Quazia: Also has to step out soon * Griff: Not distracted, proposing ScalingNow campaign. * Edu: Excited to see what ScalingNow is. * Vojtech: Not distracted, believe that the loomio proposal already passed. Talk about edcon * Lanski: Toggled off
Logistics: Facilitator Griff, Secretary Arthur
Toggle off: Lanski
- Scaling Now
- Meeting structure
- Loomio proposals 12h before
Point 1 - Scaling Now!
Tension: Giveth needs a scaling solution. Proposal: Griff makes campaign for scaling now
Reactions: * Quazia: We can separate out the milestones easily, proposal is fine * Vojtech: Likes loomio proposal. first campaign other than giveth * Oz: Sounds great * Alex: garbage mic/connection * Kay: Affirmative * Edu: loves the project, loves the series. * Satya: Fine with proposal * Kris: Fine with proposal, can help with administration * Alex: collaboration is good
Amend and clarify:
The ScalingNow campaign will just be for fundraising. Campaign will start tomorrow
Point 2 - EdCon
Tension: registration started and theres only 500 places. Who goes? Are we sponsors? Are we getting tickets?
Proposal: People should buy their own tickets to EdCon
Q: How much is a ticket?
A: Now early bird 560, 350 for devs
- Oz: makes sense, maybe circles can reimburse if appropriate.
- Kris: Griff and Jordi are speaking, does Griff get extra free tickets? Who should be here? What is this conference for?
- Kay: Doesn't know a lot about edcon. Circles should decide on who comes. Will not be going to edcon.
- Satya: Not going. No opinion.
- Edu: Will be going to this conference. Will buy a ticket.
- Griff: Is speaking, we will get a demo, everyone who wants to go should get a ticket. Circles should figure it out on their own.
- Arthur: We have a policy for that - handle in circles
- Alex: Agrees with Oz, handle this on a case by case basis.
Amend and clarify: It's up to every circle to decide. Everyone buys their own ticket.
Point 3 - Meeting Structure
Tension: Check in seems redundant. Tension seems like a waste of time.
Proposal: Drop the checkins
Reactions: * Oz: We should just bundle the checkin and the weekly status together. * Edu: this seems fine * Griff: Excited to drop the video at the start of the meeting, meanwhile this is fine. * Vojtech: Sounds good * Kay: Agrees check in in a bit awkward. What people did in the week could actually be made longer. This meeting will evolve * Kris: Never seen the check in as too long. Still this is fine. * Alex: Agrees; add it to the video part * Quazia: Agree its fine to combine. Need this space for personal stuff, leaving early, distractions, etc.
Amend and clarify: Checkin is what you did last week, just add additional information into this slot.
Point 4 - RSK
Tension: We are spending much time and effort on helping the Ethereum ecosystem develop scaling solutions for DApps.
Proposal: RSK is a possible solution. From next week test RSK.
Q: Do you know of any dapps that are working on RSK A: Huge List actually. But don't know them personally. Q: How does RSK work? A: I don't know Q: What are the costs/what is needed? A: The proposal would investigate that.
- Griff: Their current system has a lot of huge issues. No Block explorer. No devs. We have a free solution - pretty much ready. RSK has same problems as other ETH clones. Underdeveloped Ecosystem. Why would we? Makes no sense.
- Quazi: Major concerns - centralized authority. If goal is remove federal system would be bad to give control away.
- Vojtech: Right now modifying DApp slowing progress. RSK is very much aligned with us. Don't feel the same support in Ethereum
- Kris: All of Giveth is full hands on deck for current direction. Proposal sounds biased by personal meeting.
- Edu: Likes project. Agree with Griff on status. Need to take also time to research other solutions. We need to know about other projects and continue to research it.
- Alex: Should wait until done with Ethereum then move o
- Kay There is a lot of cooperation for us in ethereum, we have a great network effect from scalingNOW and we dont hear from the EF that much, but its fine because its decentralized. The main network works great.
Amend and clarify: If no one sees the point, I will table it.
Point 5 - Loomio
Tension: Ad-hoc agenda points lead to uninformed decisions
Proposal: No more ad-hoc agenda points. Has to be in Loomio before
Reactions: * Kris: Good idea to start discussion on Loomio. More informed governance meeting. * Vojtech: All for it * Edu: Agree * Satya: Agree * Alex: Agree * Griff: Needs to be 12 hours. Global time-difference. Would have helped today.
Amend and clarify: Agenda items have to be on Loomio 12 hours before governance meeting
Point 6 - Get Alex on Multisig
Tension: Could use more signers on MultiSig
Proposal: Put Alex on MultiSig
Q: Should stay at 6? A: Yes
Reactions: * Kris: Y * Vojtech: Y * Kay: Y * Edu: Y * Satya: Y * Griff: Y. A little easy on security, but yea.
Amend and clarify: Put Alex on MultiSig. Stay at 6 confirmations.
- Scaling now campaign will be created tomorrow
- Attendees to EDCON pay tickets themselves. Circles discuss compensation.
- Check-in - Dropped
- RSK - Dropped
- Agenda items have to be brought to Loomio at least 12 hours before governance meeting
- Alex will be put on MultiSig
End of meeting: 7.15 pm