Goals of the different Circles
Giveth is a Decentralized Altruistic Community (DAC) focused on using blockchain technology for good, to make the world a better place. This is our mission statement, read more on this here.
Out of this mission statement we have derived goals per circle, which you can find below.
Goals of the DApp Circle
- Create a completely free, open-source platform for DACs in multiple iterations
- Decentralize the platform
- Develop a long-term vision for the platform, getting it ready for a wider audience
- Support enthusiasts to build communities around causes and allow them to get the necessary funding
Goals of the Social Coding Circle
- Provide resources, education and support for developers, focusing on blockchain4good & boosting the Ethereum/blockchain ecosystem
- Create a safe space for developers to communicate their passion projects, then recruit help or guidance from peers.
- Making sure that the smart contracts we create are well documented, and any project that wants to build out using any of our tech has the guidance that they need.
- Oversee anything beyond basic DApp development in the Giveth Galaxy
Goals of the Governance Circle
- Internal Governance Exploration: Experiment with ànd document decentralized governance structures within the Giveth DAC (e.g. Holacracy, RewardDAO, Liquid Pledging, etc) that could be useful for future Decentralized Altruistic Organizations to learn from and implement (Modeling DACs).
- Improving the Ethereum Commons: Get the Blockchain (in Blockchain4Good) going. When Giveth runs into a problem, like scaling, help solve that problem for everyone not just ourselves. This expresses itself by collaborating in various working groups such as: Governance, Signaling, Block Explorers, Scaling, etc.
- Giveth Bureaucracy: Cover basic needs of the Giveth DAC to function, such as creating & maintaining basic team structure, conflict resolution, administration, financial transparency, organization of team gatherings and quality assurance / quality control.
- Giveth Donations: Oversee donation raising for the Giveth DAC through grants and reaching out to the community.
- External Collaboration: Instigate and foster collaborations between other decentralized projects for the Giveth platform and aid in onboarding projects to the DApp (especially around advising the implementation of their own unique governance).
- Strategy and Scope: Lead the conversation in overall strategy especially in narrowing scope and selecting the audience to focus on.
Goals of the Communications Circle
- Communicate the Giveth DApp Development towards Givers and Makers with the purpose of future onboarding of Communities and Campaigns. (= ‘Giveth DApp Communication’)
- Communicate all Giveth DAC activities of our 4 circles externally through the Giveth channels with the purpose of growing our Community (= ‘Giveth Galaxy Communication’)
- Nurture and grow our community with the purpose of getting more talent in and promoting cross-pollination (= ‘Community Management’)
- Experiment and document decentralization of communication with the purpose of modeling efficient communication for future DACs